I had another dentist stop today. This time Heidi and I thought we would try to go right away when the office opened. We got there ten minutes after it opened and the waiting room was full of elderly people. We put our names on the list and then asked how long the wait would be--about 40-50 minutes. We looked at each other and decided that a walk to the pier would be nice during that time. Thus, we told the receptionist that we were going for a walk but we would be back in 40 minutes. This is obviously never done because the receptionist went back to ask the dentist for permission. (We weren't really asking for permission but it's not surprising that the Japanese would interpret it that way.) Yet again the Americans are rocking the boat a bit.
Heidi and I had a nice walk down to the pier and enjoyed watching the waves, soaking in the sun, and conversing. It definitely beat sitting in an office waiting room with seven seats for 40 minutes!
For the actual appointment: This time my top teeth were done. They gently cleaned the plaque off my teeth and then I think they also polished them. Whatever instrument they were using it sure sounded like they were sanding my teeth. And of course, I once again got to experience the up & down and rising every five minutes. We'll see what the third visit brings next week.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home