Monday, December 18, 2006

On Friday, all of our grades for the semester were due. After figuring out the grades we have to go through the process of entering them into the Japanese computer. This is always a bit tedious as we have to try to decipher kanji. Of course, the names of the files sometimes change and our boss usually fails to notify us of this change. Well, this part went fairly smoothly. We got them all printed, signed, stamped, and delivered to the correct teachers. Then we wait to see if any of them come back to us.

This semester I tried to fail a student. She showed up to half of the classes, slept through the other half, didn't take her final, didn't do worksheets, the list goes on and on. She received a 28% in the class. She earned that F. Well, that grade sheet came back. I was notified that we cannot fail students under any circumstances. The lowest grade that can be given is a C, so her grade would need to be changed. In return, I told my boss that she could change it but in good conscience I could not. The Japanese education system has plenty of problems, just like any other system.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home