Tuesday, September 27, 2005

I have officially been in Shimonoseki for a month--wow! The time has past so quickly. Today I went to the aquarium. There is an entire floor devoted to fugu (blowfish) since that's what Shimonoseki is famous for. I never knew there were so many different kinds.

There was a dolphin and seal show which was fun to watch even if I couldn't understand a word that was said. There was a group of school kids there so it made it even better. They were telling a story of the a big fight between two clans. The outside show also had a great view of the bay area! I kept wondering if the dolphins could ever jump out of the small pool and into the ocean. (Probably not but it was an interesting thought:)

On the next floor a staff member spoke English, so I think he felt like it was is duty to take us through the rest of the aquarium and explain things to us since we couldn't read the signs. It was very nice of him! We definitely learned a lot more that way. I loved all of the bright colored tropical fish. God must have had so much fun creating them:) I even saw Nemo!


Pictures from the Aquarium
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaNXLlm0cNWKI

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home