Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Thank you for your prayers--they were felt! Heidi and I performed the musical "Early One Morning" for the middle school and high school today. God exceeded my expectations, as He so often does, and blessed the performance. It went very well. Students were appreciative and reflective. One of the teachers was deeply moved and had tears in her eyes well after the performance. Please continue to pray for those who have seen the musical. Pray that their hearts would be open and that God would be able to move and work in their hearts and lives.

Heidi and I have also received lots and lots of flowers the past few days--six full vases. I think I could open a florist shop. The beautiful flowers are gracing my apartment; it is much more cheerful because of them. I feel loved and humbled at the sight of them.

Today was also the school field trip. The 300+ students and teachers walked down to the aquarium. It looked like a navy blue ribbon weaving its way through the city streets. Once at the aquarium we were free to mingle with students and enjoy looking at fish together. My conversations ranged from smiling and using hand gestures to communicate with the seventh graders to talking about spiritual matters with some of the twelfth graders. I also had fun touching starfish, watching the dolphin show and hearing high schoolers say "kawaii" (cute), taking pictures, sitting on the sun-lit pier eating lunch, receiving candy from students (it was like trick or treating in reverse), but most of all I enjoyed just hanging out with students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home