Happy 4th of July! Life went on in Japan just like any other day. I decided that if there was any day I was going to be patriotic it might as well be today. Thus, I wore red, white and blue to school complete with star earrings and hair clips. I also packed a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch.

Supper consisted of a small get together. On the menu were the following items: hamburgers, hot dogs, potato salad, broccoli salad, corn on the cob, watermelon,
Pringles, lemonade, Dad's Root Beer and ice cream. It was fun to come up with American summer foods. Here's a picture of the little watermelon. Yep, this is about as big as they usually get in Japan. And boy, are they expensive! (I splurged for the 4th:)We have had rain all day mixed with thunder (which is rare) and wind. It's been quite nice, but not ideal for the 4th. This also prevented us from shooting of any fireworks we may or may not have had. Instead, we watched "The Incredibles" to round off the evening.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home