Thursday, January 18, 2007

The students clean the school and lately there have been "big" soji (cleaning) days. I asked my senior students what was different about a big soji day. They said, "We clean longer, and we wash the windows."

As I was moving through the halls I came across a pair sweeping. Well...sort of. One hand was holding onto a book and the other a broom. Their heads were buried in a book while they were swinging their brooms. The bottom of the brooms were barely touching the floor and they were paying absolutely no attention to to where they were sweeping. It was pretty funny to watch. I asked them what they were doing. They informed me that they were studying for a math test later that day. Hands down, they were more concerned about their math test than cleaning. Yet another piece of evidence that they really don't clean. They just push around little piles of dirt every day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home