Last Sunday was a busy but fun day! Our Mother's Day church service was held at a local park with another church. After the combined service we had a Japanese style barbecue with yakisoba (grilled noodles) and yakitori (grilled meat). The weather was gorgeous; I even have some sunburn to prove it.
Then I headed to a ballet. A fellow teacher invited me to go with her, and I'm so glad that I did. I had never been to a real ballet performance, Coppelia. It was very beautiful and elegant. One of the PE teachers danced in it and several of my students. I always enjoy watching my students do something they love. I get to catch a glimpse of their hearts and souls. The star of the show was a former Baiko student. She is one of the top ten ballerinas in Japan. She studied in Vienna for several years and now she will study at the Royal Conservatory in London. Amazing!!!
My evening consisted of Indian food and karaoke with some friends in Kokura. It was great to hang out and enjoy singing together. Good times!






0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home