Once in a great while, I go out for lunch instead of bringing my own to school. Down the road from the school there is a Hokka-Hokka, which is a Japanese take-away place. A while ago I walked down the hill to get my lunch. On the way back to school, I saw an old man outside a barber's shop. I smiled and said "konnichiwa". He extended his hand to show me this diamond of paper cranes. I exclaimed over how beautiful it was. Then he motioned that it was for me!
When I got back to school I showed a couple of the Japanese teachers the origami. They studied it and said that they had never seen anything like it. It was very rare. All of the cranes are made from one piece of paper. I'm not sure how he did it, but they are all definitely connected and made out of one piece of paper. Wow!
(top side)
(bottom side)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home