Sunday, July 01, 2007





Today there was a goodbye party at church for the people that will be leaving in July or at the beginning of August. This consisted of five people. Ayumi, one my students that graduated in March, will be going to Hawaii in a few days and joining YWAM. Then two Korean university students will be going home in August as well as Nick and me. It was a little strange to be receiving and giving goodbye speeches when I'll still be here for another month, but it was also good to be able to thank people for the impact they've had on my life. People in Japan have taught me a lot about hospitality and being a gracious host. This is definitely something I hope I have learned from and want to bring back to America and practice myself. The party also consisted of lots of food, fun and fellowship.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Rachel. I am snitching a couple for my collection. Hope your transition is going well. Yay for peanut butter. - Heidi

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home