Thursday, November 03, 2005

It's Culture Day and a national holiday. Thus, we don't have school. It is kind of weird to have a day off in the middle of the week. But hey, I'm not complaining!

A friend's church was having a bazaar today and I went with her. I thought that I was going with her to help set-up before hand and then I was going to attend the bazaar. But once I got there, they gave me an apron and I soon realized that I wouldn't just be helping the hour before hand. I ended up helping sort and dry dishes for the next 4 hours. I even discovered that drying dishes is not universal. For example, with cups you don't dry the inside, only the outside. Even though I really couldn't communicate with people it was a great time. It was wonderful to be a part of something bigger.

(I was able to go out right away and buy a few things. It was insane! It reminded me of shopping the day after Thanksgiving. Everyone had to fend for themselves!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home