Yesterday I returned to Shimonoseki from Mie prefecture where I went to a church camp. Eight people from my church went there for a church camp. Mie is near Osaka, so we took an overnight ferry and then drove a couple of hours to get there.
It was nice to spend time with Japanese Christians around my age. With their English skills and my limited Japanese we were able to communicate pretty well. The theme was peace, so of course we talked about peace related issues. I think that one of the hardest things is actually figuring out what we can do to promote peace. Unfortunately, we didn't really come away with any answers. This is a common problem. The Japanese talk a lot
about peace but individually they don't do anything about it. It's just this idea that is floating around out there. I also think one of things that is important to remember is that peace is not God but that peace comes from God.
Besides talking about peace we had times of worship, prayer, fun in a nearby river, relaxing in an onsen, making food and eating together, doing fireworks, and making new friends. We had a great time and God was good!

1 Comments:
Hi!
Wow!Thank you for putting our picture in your blog!
Yeah, it was pretty difficult theme, but it was good chance to think about it.
>"peace is not God but that peace comes from God."
Yeah, amen!
By the way, I didn't know you guys were doing such a funny and cute thing in your room!
I love it!
Please say hi to friends in your church, and if you can please tell them my email address!!
Miss ya!
Ai
Post a Comment
<< Home