Hugs...There isn't a lot of physical contact between people in Japan. Some families might give hugs to each other but outside of that it is rarely seen. Culture class has finished with the six 11th grade English majors and I had dismissed everyone. However, everyone sort of hung around for a while afterwards. As I was packing up all the class materials I had brought with me, and Mina came up to me with a big grin on her face and said, "Miss Rachel, I want a hug." So I have her a hug and then asked if anyone else wanted a hug. The other five slowly came forward and formed somewhat of a line to get their hug. How many of them actually wanted a hug and how many did it out of peer pressure, I do not know. What I do know is that they all walked out of my class with a smile on their face.
Heidi and I also had our final performance of "Early One Morning" this evening. Between the three performances we think that about 650 people saw the musical. Please continue to pray that God would continue to work in the hearts and lives of people that saw it. God has blessed us in countless ways and provided people and skills for things we hadn't even accounted for. This musical has been a great springboard to start spiritual conversations with people. God is opening doors and working!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home