Monday, September 04, 2006

While watching CNN with a neighbor I learned what the difference is between a hurricane and a typhoon. Do you know what it is? The international date line. Interesting...I never knew. A typhoon was heading our way but decided to take a turn before hitting Japan. It's probably a good thing, but I'm a bit disappointed. Deep down I was hoping for a typhoon day. Maybe another day.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting - after Bible study just this morning three of us were chatting about the words typhoon, hurricane, and cyclone, and then I came home and read your blog about it! We had decided (by amateur committee, not scholarly research) that the term depends on which ocean - Pacific = typhoon, Atlantic = hurricane, and Indian Ocean = cyclone. But we are wrong, and you and CNN are correct - those who are curious can check out the NOAA's FAQ about it.

1:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home