Saturday, September 09, 2006

I tried a new dessert tonight. I'm not sure what it is called and even in Japan it's not common.

Well, it was the end of Bible study and Etsuko san brought out the cake she made. She is known for her amazing cakes. Usually they are a
type of sponge cake with fruit or poppy seeds in them. For tonight's meeting she tried a new combo: sponge cake with diced goya (prickly Okinawan cucumbers) mixed in. Goya is an extremely bitter cucumber! Needless to say, I was disappointed with tonight dessert. In fact, I think this one hits an all time low. In my opinion, sweet and vegetables just do not go together. However, my tastes have matured a little in recent years, and I am now able to eat carrot cake. Maybe there is hope for me. (Here's a pictures of goya from www1.istockphoto.com.)

1 Comments:

Blogger ariel said...

With the exception of zucchini bread, I agree, yes -- vegetables should be left to their primary role of torturing small children or providing vitamins. :)

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home